The Department of Medical Education takes pride in upholding its Motto to provide holistic medical education and excellence in research of the state of the art nature.
"QUALITY, EQUITY, and INTEGRITY IN HEALTHCARE SERVICES"
To start new post graduate courses in hospital administration, clinical research, biomedical engineering, emergency medicine.
To inculcate values of the society & to adopt humane & empathetic vision towards patients & society at large.
Providing hands on training for the medical and para medical staff for the benefit of society at large
To provide administrative training for the current work force (teaching & non teaching staff).
To introduce administrative training modules in the curriculum for all medical & allied health science students.
To develop infrastructure and equipment to promote the research activity by the teaching staff & students.
Bharat Ratna Dr. B.C. Roy
Doctor's Day is celebrated on 1st July every year, commemorating the birthday of the renowned Indian physician
Dr B C Roy who also made his mark as on educationist and a freedom fighter honored with the
Dr. Sharan Prakash Patil
Hon'ble Minister for Medical Education
Smt. V. Rashmi,
Secretary to Government
Dept. of Medical Education
MBBS. MD. DNB
Incharge Director of Medical Education
The foundation stone of Victoria Hospital, the century old premier Medical Institutions of India was laid on 22nd June 1897 by Her Highness Kempananjammani avaru, the then maharani regent of Mysore to commemorate the completion of 60 years of reign of Queen Victoria. The Hospital was then formally inaugurated on 8th December 1900 by Lord Curzon the then Viceroy of India.
Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospital Bangalore
Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospital is a multispeciality hospital, located in the heart of Bangalore City, at Shivajinagar. The hospital is over 100 years old, approx 2 kms towards east of Vidhana Soudha. The architecture of the buildings are of modern as well as that of the yester years. Bowring Hospital was established in 1867 for men and Lady Curzon Hospital was established in 1890 for women and children.