AUA/KUA Onboarding Process
- Identify Nodal Person
- Ensure Nodal Person understands the roles and responsibilities
- Share all sample documents for easier reference.
- Request ASA for Service
- Verify the Request Form submitted by Department
- AUA Application completion with Supporting Documents
- Online Application
- Procurement of Stamp Paper
- Addendum Signature with UIDAI
- Approval for Pre-Production Access
- Internal Audit - Vendor Indent.
- AUA Audit Compliance Check List
- AUA Go Live Check List
- Verify and Approval for Go-Live
- Go Live Readiness Notification
- Identifying Technical Manpower
- Procurement of Digital Signature
- Procurement of Hardware
- Procurement of Software
- Procurement of Sample Devices
- License Key Generation for Pre-Production
- Department to share or upload the Encryption Key
- Sharing AUA/KUA/BFD/MUC Sample Codes
- Walk through of codes shared - Java /C#
- Identify Design of UDC Code.
- Buffered Authentication – Feature
- Biometric Device Integration and adding SDK of all devices
- Capture in FMR Format
- IRIS Integration and adding SDK of all devices
- Capture in IIR Format
- Generate PID Block Entities
- Encryption of PID Block
- Generate Auth XML
- Signing of Auth XML
- Capture Auth XML Response
- Testing Auth Requests
- Generate E-KYC XML
- Decrypt the Responses
- Capturing the logs of all responses
- Capturing all audit logs
- Identifying Integration points for department specific work flow
- Deployment of KSA
- Support Pre-Production Testing and Production Readiness
- Performance Testing
Hardware to be provisioned by AUA
||Roughly about 5K average bandwidth is required for each API call. AUA's can start with 1 MBPS managing 28 TPS.
||Necessary equipments for connecting AUA's and ASA's
One Dual quad-core blade/rack servers with 64 GB RAM) with cluster setup having two or more nodes OR
At least 2 servers (dual quad-core blade/rack servers with 32 GB RAM recommended)
||For protecting digital signature and handling large volume of digital signing.
||Securing network from AUA to ASA, if any SubAUA then also for Sub AUA to AUA
||Like Network Intruder detections, Anti Virus,
||Atleast two databases for Audit Logs with atleast 160 GB for 6 months records with approximately 10 lakhs transactions per day.
Software to be provisioned by AUA is listed below:
- Server class Operating System for all machines deployed.
- Class II-III Digital Signature.
- AUA server software as described in the AUA Server Architecture section
- Firewall software –AUAs can choose to use existing firewalls within their IT system for this purpose.
- Database software (if auditing is database based) – if auditing is done in an RDBMS, then database software is required.
- Monitoring software to effectively monitor production system. Any enterprise monitoring software (EMS) could be used. AUAs can choose a commercial/open-source tool based on their preference or use an existing one that may be already in place within AUA IT system.
- Other related software tools for managing network devices, servers, and database, backup, replication, reporting tools for MIS purposes, integration to billing software for AUAs to bill Sub AUAs/device vendors.
Manpower to be provisioned by an AUA
- Network administrators
- System administrators
- Database administrators
- Backup administrators
- Security administrators
- L1/L2/L3 support team
- Operations and Project Management team OR
- Senior Programmer.
Role of departments
- Identify the services where authentication is required and issue a notification (as per the requirement of UIDAI )
- Will have to register with UIDAI as a requesting entity
- Ensure the infrastructure readiness like procurement of single finger authentication devices (STQC certified)
- Development of application and integration of Aadhaar related authentication as part of application flow
Role Of CeG
- Assist the department to become the requesting entity (AUA/ KUA). Guide the departments through the entire process of registering with UIDAI and signing an agreement to become the requesting entity
- Provide the ASA/ KSA services to the department.
- Assistance in the training and certification process of the operators
- Assistance for trouble shooting of errors during authentication transactions
- Providing the sample code both in Java and .Net/C# as per department requirement.
- Assistance by deploying the CeG technical staff to resolve any technical issues during integration by the dept. staff.
- Assistance by proactively providing forth coming steps as part of the onboarding process- selection of External Audit Agency, Digital Key.
AUA/ASA Device provider Requirements